Michigan Indoor Pool Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Swimming Pool Accident Attorney
In a recent incident taking place at an indoor hotel pool in Michigan, more than a dozen individuals, many of them aged 10-14, were poisoned by extremely high levels of carbon monoxide. Due to this unfortunate and negligent exposure, one child was found dead, several found unconscious, and all of the remaining 13 people were hospitalized in nearby areas.
While it's unclear what exactly caused the high levels of carbon monoxide, a mistake has clearly been made, and several people have wrongfully suffered as a result. If you or someone you love have been injured or killed in an incident such as this one, we at The J. Guerra Law Firm urge you to speak with a swimming pool accident lawyer about recovery options for your injuries.
Effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is produced when fuel is burned, and naturally does not have an odor or taste. The appliances we use every day, such as stoves and heaters, do emit carbon monoxide, but regulate the levels of it in your home. Additionally, in these systems, a synthetic odor is applied to the gas so that residents can be aware of a leak and know to escape from the indoor exposure.
When exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, individuals can suffer:
- Unconsciousness or Death
- Increased risk of heart disease
Seeking Compensation for Damages
More than 400 Americans lose their lives each year to carbon monoxide poisoning and thousands are hospitalized. Most of these have to do with cooking and heating accidents, when users are not aware of potential carbon monoxide risks or fail to take the necessary preventative measures.
In an indoor pool, maintained by safety professionals, we certainly do not expect carbon monoxide to injure and take the lives of children. If you’ve been exposed, or your loved one has been killed, you may be able to seek damages for your medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering, and wrongful death. Attorney Guerra has won millions for suffering individuals.
Call (877) 903-8323 today for your free consultation and to begin fighting back against the negligence and irresponsibility that led to your or your loved one’s carbon monoxide poisoning.