Drowning Lawyer for McAllen, TX
Helping Victims Hold the Negligent Party Liable
If you are in need of a McAllen drowning lawyer to offer you insight and legal help in the wake of a serious aquatic accident that caused harm to you or a loved one, you have come to the right place. At the J. Guerra Law Firm,
swimming pool and
near drowning accidents are key focuses of our legal practice. We are committed to fighting for justice in these matters.
Unintentional Drowning Statistics and Information
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has compiled some interesting statistics regarding unintentional drowning. The CDC estimates that approximately 10 people lose their lives every day in drowning accidents, making this the sixth leading cause of accidental death in the U.S. Unintentional drowning is the second leading cause of death for
children from 1 to 14 years of age. Here are some more drowning accident statistics from the CDC:
- Over the span of 2005 through 2009, there was an average of 3,533 fatal drowning accidents a year (not including those involving or caused by boating accidents) throughout the U.S.
- There was an annual average of 347 drowning deaths in boating accidents.
- More than half of drowning victims who received emergency medical care required hospitalization, as opposed to a 6% hospitalization rate for all accidental injuries.
- More than 1 in 5 people who died from unintentional drowning were children of the age 14 years or younger.
- Children between the ages of 1 and 4 have the highest rate of drowning. Of the children who died from accidental injuries in 2009, more than 30% involved drowning accidents.
- For every child who passed away as the result of drowning, another 5 were given emergency care for near drowning injuries.
Our firm's knowledge of these statistics serves to strengthen our commitment to aiding the victims and families of victims of aquatic accidents of all kinds. We represent clients in McAllen and the surrounding areas in Texas, as well as individuals throughout the U.S. No matter the circumstances of your case or the particular concerns you may have, we are confident in our ability to help.
Working with a McAllen Drowning & Pool Accident Attorney
At The J. Guerra Law Firm, we are equipped to assist individuals with cases that involve all types of drowning and water-related accidents. We can assist with drowning accidents that take place at hotels,
beaches and other locations. We work diligently to help our clients prove the root cause of the aquatic accident, whether that was
overcrowding in a swimming pool,
negligent life guards,
dangerously designed pools,
pool operator negligence or other causes.
Your initial consultation with a drowning accident lawyer at our firm is free. It is also strictly confidential. If you cannot come to our office, we may be able to come to your home, office or may even be able to meet with you at the hospital. Your comfort and peace of mind are of the utmost importance to our team. Because we also work on a contingent fee basis, you do not have to worry about out-of-pocket legal fees. We only get paid if we negotiate a settlement or win a jury award on your behalf. Contact a McAllen drowning attorney at the J. Guerra Law Firm today!
Links and Information
City of McAllen
Visiting McAllen, TX