Drowning Accident Lawyer for McAllen, TX
If you are in need of a McAllen
drowning accident lawyer
to offer you insight and legal help in the wake of a serious accident or the loss of a loved one, you have come to the right place. At the J. Guerra Law Firm, drowning
, swimming pool
and near drowning
accidents are key focuses of our legal practice. We are committed to fighting for justice in these matters.
Unintentional Drowning Statistics and Information
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has compiled some interesting statistics regarding unintentional drowning. The CDC estimates that approximately 10 people lose their lives every day in drowning accidents, making this the sixth leading cause of accidental death in the U.S. Unintentional drowning is the second leading cause of death for children from 1 to 14 years of age.
Here are some drowning accident statistics from 2007:
- There were 3,443 fatal drowning accidents (not including those involving or caused by boating accidents) throughout the U.S.
- There were 496 deaths caused by drowning in boating accidents.
- More than half of drowning victims who received emergency medical care required hospitalization, as opposed to a 3-5% hospitalization rate for all other accidental injuries.
- More than 1 in 5 people who died from unintentional drowning were children aged 14 years and younger.
- Children aged from 1 to 4 have the highest drowning rate. In 2007, of the children who died from accidental injuries, nearly 30% involved drowning accidents.
- For every child who died from drowning, another 4 received emergency care for near drowning injuries.
Our firm's knowledge of these statistics serves to strengthen our commitment to aiding the victims and families of victims of aquatic accidents of all kinds. We represent clients in McAllen and the surrounding areas in Texas as well as throughout the U.S. No matter the circumstances of your case or the particular concerns you may have, we are confident in our ability to help.
Working with a McAllen Drowning & Pool Accident Attorney
Your initial consultation with a drowning accident lawyer at our firm is free. It is also strictly confidential. If you cannot come to our office, we may be able to come to your home, office or may even be able to meet with you at the hospital. Your comfort and peace of mind are of the utmost importance to our team. Because we also work on a contingent fee basis, you do not have to worry about out-of-pocket legal fees. We only get paid if we negotiate a settlement or win a jury award on your behalf.
Links and Information
City of McAllen
Visiting McAllen, TX
Contact a McAllen drowning accident attorney at the J. Guerra Law Firm today.